Tuesday, March 23, 2010

unit 7--Meeting Asciepius

The description of my meditative practices starts by picturing someone you love and hold with great tenderness, allow feelings to foster in your heart, turn feelings of affection towards yourself, give your feelings space and ease, and be at peace with your body and its sensations. Shift to the thoughts feelings and images that shift in and out, give them space, and ease and loosen the grasp, just observe. Turn your mind specifically to the stillness, peacefulness and gentleness of your natural mind. Love yourself, feel a natural rest, ease and openness. Peaceful breathing patterns can bring a peaceful mind. If you can still the breath you can still the mind, which in turn can make us unified.
I believe that meditation has fostered a great psychological wellbeing for me, it has helped me to clear my mind and calm my insides when things gets a little to much to handle, the breathing, and the focus on your breathing is amazing. Breathe the good in and the bad out, really adjusts my train of thought. I apply this practice on a daily basis in u busy world. I have used this technique when I lost my dad, all the way to using it to deal with an unruly co-worker and my roommate’s 4 year old little girl, so as far as I am concerned these practices can be used everywhere, everyday.

Part 2, One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself, is the ability to see the divine in everyone and treat each individual as though he or she were Christ or Buddha himself can transform the suffering of illness into the grace of healing. This is health and wellness, you cannot help a client unless you believe, practice, live, and use your knowledge on a daily basis. You wouldn’t trust a 1st year medical student to perform heart surgery; you would want a heart surgeon. I absolutely believe you have an obligation to your client, if you are not developing that means you are not learning, if you are not learning then you have nothing to share with your clients. Everyday should be an implementation of psychological and spiritual growth. If can be something simple and as small as saying a prayer at lunch or as vast as learning how to have a positive psychological outlook on things, focusing on the positive and not the negative issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment