Tuesday, March 2, 2010

unit 4--loving kindness

boy where to start with this one, ey. I can start by saying i absolutely hated this lady and her "philosophy". ..... " picture a loved one, in need or that is hurt. I know this blog is going to be a hum dinger you see, my dad was put in the hospital on Thursday night, and was on life support within 10 hours, so I have been by his bedside since then, for 10, 12 sometimes 15 hours a day, and to listen to this nit wit say, oh how the world is sooooooooo wonderful and just breath it in, and breath it out, I would love to smack the breath right out of her. So i guess to answer the 1st question on weather or not I found this beneficial, I think it is a general consensus that NO Jaimie did not find this cd beneficial, and NO i wouldn't recommend this to anybody going through any kind of tragedy in their family, however, if somebody has absolutely nothing better to do with their time than yes, listen to this lady. The concept of mental workout, well from what i have gathered at this point the only mental workout i had was trying to make myself listen to this cd, I am sure that the research has indicated that it will help lower stress levels and make all right with the world, I personally don't see how this could possible maintain a level that should qualify for research. I also am sure that the psychological health of people are helped tremendously if they are as previously noted, not going through a tragedy with their loved ones, and have nothing better to do with their time, it is possible that maybe another voice or another exercise would be more beneficial. I think that if a cd wants to walk somebody through breathing exercises while they picture their hurt, or injured loved ones then the producers of that cd better have a degree in psychology instead of just letting the first person that can read a script put a cd together.

No comments:

Post a Comment